NINA was featured in the Illawarra Flame magazine to shine a light on our fabulous volunteers as part of National Volunteer Week.
Read about Alison’s experience as a volunteer here.
And take a look at some of our volunteers in action is this great video produced by the Illawarra Flame. …
Volunteers are a vital part of Northern Illawarra Neighbour Aid. If you have been thinking about volunteering here is a list of ways in which you can get involved:
- Volunteer Driver- assisting clients get to a variety of appointments, they may be medical, social or for other reasons. NINA will reimburse volunteers based on the km’s driven in their own vehicle.
- Volunteer escort. Helping our clients on any of our bus trips.
- Delivering meals on wheels to clients who need it.
- Social support- providing a friendly chat to people in their own home or at one of our group activities.
- Management Committee members. NINA is managed by a volunteer committee.
NINA would like to take this chance to have a huge shout out to all our beautiful volunteers. Those that are busy shopping for our clients, those that are busy driving people to appointments, and those who are currently protecting themselves from this horrid virus.
Thank you for all your support over the years and we look forward to be able to celebrate in person for the amazing work you do for all the clients of NINA!…
Our beautiful Cafe Club volunteers hard at work preparing for the day.
Cafe Club (Social Group) meets every Thursday at the Tradies Club. …